A delicious treat for breakfast or a late night snack!
This is so very simple, yet it tastes fantastic. If you don’t have ripe tomatoes available, use one can of diced tomatoes, well drained.Susan Tweeton
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium-sized and diced onion
- 1½ pounds ripe, peeled and sliced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Greek oregano (optional)
- 6 whole or beaten eggs
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft.
- Add the eggs, whole, or beaten.
- Cover and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until eggs are to desired doneness.