These squash patties are delicious and absolutely addictive! Banana squash never tasted so good!
This is my grandmother’s recipe, handed down to my mother. While away at college, I’d request these patties when home on break.Susan Tweeton
- 3 cups grated banana squash
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 medium apple, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- ½ cube butter, melted
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Combine grated ingredients with beaten eggs and melted butter in large bowl.
- Combine flour and baking powder in smaller bowl and add to vegetable/egg mixture.
- Blend well.
- Heat ¼–½ inch oil in skillet.
- Drop spoonfuls of vegetable mixture into the hot oil and fry over medium heat until golden brown on side.
- Turn patties over and fry on other side until equally brown.
Serve hot, room temperature and even cold.