Tangy, pungent, and bursting with flavor! This fresh Greek parsley spread perks up simple fried, baked, or even poached fish. It also adds an extra dimension to cold, leftover roast chicken, and livens up fried and boiled vegetables.
- 1½-2 inch thick slice of hearty white bread (crust removed and soaked in water)
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and stems trimmed
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Squeeze the soaked bread to remove excess water.
- Place the bread in a food processor with the onion, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and half the parsley.
- Process until everything is reduced to a paste.
- Add and process remaining parsley.
- While blending, slowly add the rest of the olive oil.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, or vinegar if necessary.
- Refrigerate for ½ hour.
Serve with fried, baked, or poached fish; cold, leftover roast chicken; and fried or boiled vegetables.