A perfect side dish. No one would guess just how easy these roasted potatoes are to prepare.
- 3–4 pounds potatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- Juice of 3–4 lemons
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Peel and slice the potatoes into chunks or wedges.
- Put potatoes into a large, greased casserole pan.
- Add the water, olive oil, garlic (if using), lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Toss to completely coat. Cover pan and bake at 350° for 45–60 minutes.
- Uncover pan and continue baking for additional 20 minutes until potatoes are completely tender and slightly browned.
- Baste 2–3 times while baking.
- If needed, add water to the pan until the potatoes are tender.