Simple, yet tasty. This delicious side dish may be used with roasted or grilled meats as well as stews.
Bulgur what pilaf is one of my favorites. I just love the toasty, nutty flavor. It’s a delicious and easy change of pace from rice, pasta and potatoes.Susan Tweeton
- 1 cup bulgur wheat or long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth or water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, over a medium high heat.
- Sauté the bulgur or rice until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork before serving.