A simple, colorful, and flavorful baked fish casserole. Perfect for guests and family!
This dish has the power to appeal to confirmed fish haters. Even my son likes fish prepared this way.Susan Tweeton
- 6 fillets firm, fleshed fish such as cod, red snapper, etc. (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 bunch green onions, cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped (May substitute 1 tablespoon dried mint and basil, oregano or dill)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (fresh oregano or dill may be substituted)
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced (remove seeds)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry fish.
- Brush a baking pan with olive oil.
- Place fish in pan.
- Heat frying pan and add olive oil.
- Sauté green onions, garlic, parsley, mint, and basil in oil.
- Add canned diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over fish.
- Cover fish with lemon slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 25-30 minutes until fish flakes with fork.
Serve with roasted potatoes or rice.